How does power, privilege, and difference affect solidarity, equality, and dignity?
These are the essential questions that our sophomore students ask in their Engagements with the Common Good (ECG) 200 course.
ECG 200 is the second course of the four-year, four-course sequence of our singular curriculum, Justice Matters, which leads our second year students to:
- demonstrate a growing commitment to the practice of social justice and civic engagement by participating in a community partnership
- analyze the complexity of the challenges faced by those who work and have worked for greater justice
- reflect on and critique their participation in and learning from their community partnership experience
- differentiate between practicing charity and seeking justice through systemic change
- articulate a personal philosophy of social justice