In the fall of 1971, the college began the Evening Division. As noted in Cabrini College 1957-2007 the “Evening Division welcomed working men and women who wanted to continue their education.” Minutes from the Board of Trustees mention the expenses incurred in opening the Division and that in only “two semesters the Evening Division broke even”. By September 1972, the Evening Division offered courses to area teachers who were seeking certification and the Division began publishing its own Evening Bulletin. With the success of the Evening Division, the College investigated offering summer courses for area teachers interested in pursuing PA Department of Education certification. By 1974, the renamed Evening and Summer Division was thriving with 110 students enrolled.
Submitted by: A. Schwelm, Assistant Library Director