In 1905 Mother Cabrini established the Sacred Heart Orphan Asylum at 3400 Esplanade Avenue, New Orleans, LA. Mother Cabrini’s greatest benefactor in New Orleans was Captain Salvator Pizzati. Captain Pizzati was born in Palermo and immigrated to the United States as a youth. Pizzati who had prospered in the shipping industry, contributed $75,000 to Mother Cabrini. It was the largest single donation Mother Cabrini personally received. In 1959 the buildings of her orphanage were reborn as Cabrini High School which continues today.