In 1948, ten members of the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus arrived in Malvern, Australia to assume ownership of a small private hospital. The small Hospital of St. Benedict was started by the Sisters of Mercy in 1920. The Sisters were mostly Italian who spoke very little English and had very few resources. The Sisters had problems with language, customs, food. They experienced a general mistrust by the Australian people of their foreign ways, yet like Mother Cabrini, they persevered. Today, that singular hospital has grown into Cabrini Health, a healthcare system made up of three hospitals, a palliative care site, and a residential care facility. Though there are fewer Sisters, Cabrini Health has strong leadership from the “Institute of the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and a deep sense of commitment from their lay collaborators, there has been a renewed sense of purpose.” More information can be found on their website.